Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Girl's Weekend (Gunn Lake)

Me, Katie McCoy (above), Emilia Czaplicka (below) with Ruth Engle and Shelly Fullum went leisurely down the canal on rafts. When I can't see the bottom I have issues so I really tried being brave but there were so many turtles it really spooked me out. I have a pool at home so that is my kind of rafting not having to worry about who is peeking at you. Some of the turtles were quite big or bigger than I would want them to be...lol.

Above is Haley. She is the first one that pooped out the first night so of course I had to get a pic of that. She did travel all day back from Virginia on her vacation and sat in airports but this is girl's weekend. It don't happen to often and if this old lady can stay up late anyone can.
I am a little out of order here in the pics but "Stivers" is where we stopped to eat on the way out to the lake on the first night. It was a little scary from the outside but some great food.
Unfortunately the boat wouldn't start at one point while out on the lake so we had to get a tow from the other boat in the picture. Dear sweet Shelly is such a handy lady that she is the one that tied the knot to get us back to the cottage.
Above are all of us except Shelly (she is taking the pic)...I should've had someone else take it but sometimes I just don't think of those things. We all went to Craig's Cruisers and ate dinner, played putt-putt and rode go carts. Left front (Ruth Engle, Haley Engle, Joy Engle) Right front (Emilia Czaplicka, Donna Hall, Katie McCoy). There are lots of deer in the area so someone dared me to scare away the deer by screaming out the window on the way back home so of course their request happened. I have the lungs of all lungs.
Above is Joy Engle just chilling out on the boat. Thanks for the use of the cottage, Joy. It will always be remembered and hope that there will be many more years ahead for girl's weekend. It was a hoot!!!!!
Here is me trying to be a brave soul with Turtle Lake...oh it is really called Gunn Lake but Turtle is more appropriate.
Shelly paddled us back down the canal...Thanks Shelly. The next day her muscles were so sore.
The bonds that we made on Saturday night doing an open forum night where we put questions into a bowl and then each of us answered the questions will always be remembered. We laughed, cried, and just listened at times. The connections is definitely what most of us needed at this point in our lives!!!!! I love each of them in a different way but knowing that we are all Sisters in Christ is our main bond and I am excited to strengthen those bonds from here on out.
Keep smiling

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Looks like you gals had a great time!!

Doreen said...

Wish I was there to join in the fun. Now you have something to look forward to every year. Oh, by the way....Bri has a pet turtle and it is harmless! (LOL)!