Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Doctor's appointment

I went to the doctor's last week for a cold...unusual but I have no immune system left so I can't fight off anything anymore. While there I had blood tests done that I have needed for some time now but have been putting it off. I got the call today from the doctor that I really didn't want...my ana levels are very highly elevated and I have to get back to the rheumatologist right away. I am confused by it all because I have felt pretty good except for being tired all of the time. Within a few minutes the doctor's office called back again to say that I also have a urinary tract infection that I wasn't even aware of...don't you have pain for that? It kind of scares me since I am only 42 years old...what is going to happen when I get really old? Oh yeah one more thing...on Thursday night I had an emergency root canal done...never had one and don't want one again. The cost is unbelievable and we have no dental insurance...to the sound of $1600....uggh. Told Robert he needs to think about becoming a dentist...for one the money is pretty good...lol and two then we could get it free....lol. So as you see I have had pretty trying week...really a pretty emotional month and I keep saying: Okay, Lord you can ease up anytime now. I couldn't imagine if I didn't have the Lord on my side...what would it really entail? Keep on smiling!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Hang in there Donna! I will be praying for you. Praise God HE is on your side. It's just paper money anyway.

Talk soon
love ya

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Donna,

Firstly - thank you for your kind words regarding our grand-dog Polo. It means so much to be able to share the happenings in our lives!

Doctor and Dentist visits are not favorite things for any of us - especially when the bills come in! We know that God only gives us what we can handle - I have very often asked him to not trust me so much! ;-)

I will second what Doreen said - hang in there and I am praying!

Karla Patterson