Sunday, July 27, 2008

Concussion

On Saturday a group of ladies from our church played in a softball tournament. We won the first two games which was a total upset for the other two teams we played against since we haven't beat them all year. We definitely were on a natural high. The first game...my niece Tammi started pitching and then Rob decided to put me in. I don't like pitching against this team (Grace) because they hit so many back up the middle and my reflexes are just not like they use to be. I endured the first two games but unfortunately in the third game I was taken by ambulance to Mt. Clemens General Hospital. I was pitching and Tracy from Grace hit one back at me and unfortunately I must not of seen it till the last minute but luckily I turned my head and was hit in the best spot possible on the side of the forehead. I seen white light and that was about it and it was pretty scary. My head felt luck a big fuzz ball swimming in a world of light. I never passed out but I wanted to but I don't like that feeling of blacking out and waking up not knowing what happened so I talked myself into staying through it. I immediately felt nauseated and my trip in an ambulance that is remembered is throwing up the whole way.

Once at the hospital I went in for a cat scan to make sure there was no fracture or internal bleeding. Two hours later I was back at the games rooting my team on as best as possible. I ended up having a concussion...thank the good Lord for all my wonderful teammates and other teams praying for me. It is minor besides my eye still having blurred vision which they say may take a few days to recover from the blow to the head. I will follow up with my family doctor at the end of the week.

Keep smiling!!!!!!

3 comments:

Doreen said...

WOW! A concussion....that's why I don't play. To dangerous! (LOL)! Hope you are feeling better. We will be praying. TTYL.

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Now you know why we have hard heads!! So glad that you seem to be improving! Keep us informed!

Edward Torres said...

I am praying for you my sister!!!